Views are that of the author, may not reflect those of the Canadian Olympic Committee.
Each day of the Olympic Games, we will feature the Top 7 Canadian Olympic Athlete Photos drawn from the Bell Olympic Lens Fan-powered Photo Experience http://lens.olympic.ca.
Canada’s dominance in Extreme Winter Sports at the Sochi Games has resulted in another Gold and Bronze medal today in Women’s Slopestyle Skiing. Day 4 saw Huntsville, Ontario native Dara Howell stun onlookers and judges with a 94.2 (out of 100) point 1st run, securing the 4th Gold medal for Canada. Teammate Kim Lamarre from Quebec City bounced back after a 1st run crash, posting an 85 point 2nd run, earning the 2nd Bronze medal for Canada. The lead in the medal standings are between Canada and Norway, currently Canada ranked 2nd with 4 Gold, 3 Silver, and 2 Bronze. Norway has 2 additional Bronze medals.
In women’s Curling, Team Jennifer Jones is really on fire, with a huge 9-3 win over Team Sweden improving round robin record to 2-0! Calgary’s Alex Gough made Canadian Olympic history by posting Canada’s best-ever result in Olympic Luge by finishing 4th in a time of 3:21.578. Alexandre Bilodeau, Mikael Kingsbury and Charles Hamelin were awarded their 2 Gold and Silver medals earned yesterday!
The proudest moment for many Canadians today didn’t come from the performance of a Canadian Olympian but from the sportsmanship displayed by Canadian Cross-Country Ski Coach Justin Wadsworth who helped Russian skier, Anton Gafarov, finish the race by replacing his ski which had broken in half during a crash suffered earlier in the race.
7. Men’s Moguls: Alexandre Bilodeau GOLD & Mikael Kingsbury SILVER Award Ceremony
6. Speed Skater Charles Hamelin awarded GOLD medal 1,500m Short Track
5. Sportsmanship: Cross-Country Ski Coach Justin Wadsworth helps Russian skier Anton Gafarov
4. Women’s Luge: Alex Gough finishes 4th, Canada’s Best Finish in Luge
3. Woman’s Curling: Team Jennifer Jones defeat Sweden 9-3
2. BRONZE Women’s Slopestyle Skiing: Kim Lamarre
1. GOLD Women’s Slopestyle Skiing: Dara Howell