What’s new with our Olympians? Delve into their fascinating everyday lives through social media. Here’s a recap of 10 favourite posts this week via our Canadian Olympic athletes on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Week of May 26 – June 1
1. Head over heels for Barcelona!
On his to-do list for the day, Michael Janyk wanted to show us just how much he loves Barcelona and its colossal National Palace.
2. No Makeup Day for the Dufour-Lapointe Sisters.
Talent is not the only thing that runs in the family… naturally!
3. Youppi may not be an Olympian…
…but he was walking around the Big-O yesterday, wearing the New York Rangers shirt after losing a bet with Jimmy Fallon. How crushing defeat can be!
4. While Eugenie Bouchard was busy on the clay…
…artist Joel Blanc was in full canvas action!
5. Reaching for the top takes on a new meaning for Marie-Philip Poulin
She did it on the ice… and now in breath-taking Croatia.
6.For Kim Lamarre, the sky is truly the limit!
A week after exploring the sea floor… she takes the adventure to new heights!
7. Hockey players are not the only ones teeing-up these days
And Mark McMorris is certainly hitting the links in style!
8. Now that’s enthusiasm!
Someone got really excited by a winning goal… Are you okay, Drew Doughty?
9. Charles Hamelin and Marianne St-Gelais sure can take up a challenge.
10. Recognize this athlete?
It’s Marie-Michèle Gagnon – another Olympian who knows how to keep the adrenalin flowing even off-season.