What’s new with our Olympians? Delve into their fascinating everyday lives and discover unexpected angles to them! Here’s a recap of 10 favourite posts this week via our Canadian Olympic athletes’ Instagram, Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Week of April 29-May 5
1. Springtime for a x-country skier (Chandra Crawford):
Biking in Provence and eating paella.
2. The difference between a Winter Olympian and the average citizen:
Capitalizing on a May snowfall and taking to the slopes. (Jessica Gregg, short track speed skater)
3. It’s playoffs fever!!! Can you spot the Dufour-Lapointe sisters in this video?
Where are Maxime, Chloé and Justine??? Look them up at 1:41, 3:13 and 4:12 secs!
4. A balancing act.
For Canadian Sochi medallist Kelsey Serwa, striking a balance has a different meaning than for most of us…
5. Just saying…
Canadian bobsledder Jesse Lumsden’s dog may not be training as hard as his master. But who are we to say?
6. While some of us are catching rays on the beach, Caroline Ouellette is celebrating the success of her Arctic trek to the North Pole – land of the midnight sun.
Ouellette undertook this daunting challenge with fellow hockey player Geneviève Lacasse in support of the True Patriot Love Foundation.
7. Sochi medallist Mike Riddle can really spring in action!
He obviously knows a thing or two about freestyle selfieing…
8. An underwater catwalk fit for an Olympic synchronized swimmer (Karine Thomas) – simply picture-perfect
9. Canadian Olympic snowboarder Ariane Lavigne has a lot on her plate!
Props to Ariane who just completed her Sports Nutrition Diploma with the International Olympic Committee!
10. Meagan Duhamel’s life in technicolour…
…is all about touring with Stars On Ice. Very cool.
See you next week for a brand new top 10 of #OlympicBuzz !