What’s new with our Olympians? Delve into their fascinating everyday lives through social media. Here’s a recap of 10 favourite posts this week via our Canadian Olympic athletes on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Week of July 29 – August 4, 2014
1. Two-time Olympic medalist Tessa Virtue sets the pace…
..so she can skate to the beat of her own drum.
2. Let’s play ball… ball hockey, that is!
Olympic hockey champs ace it on the court at Rogers Cup. Talk about giving the ball a new spin…
3. Seven days without shooting hoops makes one weak
Some great personal wisdom Olympian Michelle Plouffe is certainly working hard at instilling in the younger generation.
4. Freestyling it at Osheaga…
5. Who needs a BMX to do a good jump?
Kevin Hill sure doesn’t if you take a look at this video.
6. John Morris is this week’s King of the Hill
Vancouver Games curling champion will leave no stone unturned to reach for the top.
7. It’s all downhill from here…
…unless Olympic Medalist Kelsey Serwa is your grand-daughter and she makes sure there is no traffic on the extra mile when you compete in the BC Senior Summer Games.
8. Hey buddy…High-Five!
#OlympicBuzz regular Travis Gerrits takes five to watch his teammate’s prowess.
9. Sultana Frizell – Not a shot in the dark!
The face of victory is also the face of hard work and determination.
10. Access to sport for all is not a privilege.
It’s a right that Denny Morrison promoted well while in Ghana.
See you next week for a brand new top 10 of #OlympicBuzz !
SEE ALSO: #OlympicBuzz: Summer Highlights