Canada Olympic House (COH) is an integral component to the delivery of the Canadian Olympic Committee’s (COC) Family and Friends Program.
The purpose of COH is to provide a distraction-free environment for the members of the Canadian Olympic Team, their family and friends, Olympic family sponsors, sport and government partners as well as special national and international guests.
The Family and Friends Program provides services and resources to family members and friends of Canadian Olympians competing at the Olympic Games in London. COH makes families and friends feel part of the Canadian Olympic Team and encourages them to participate in the Olympic Games.
Working together with our National Sport Federations (NSF’s), the COC will take the lead in hosting family members and friends so that our athletes can focus on their performances.
COH is the hub for “sponsor activation” initiatives from corporate partners of the COC, providing interactive opportunities and brand profile for the sponsors with Canadians attending Canada Olympic House.
COH serves as a key media site for the Canadian team, including COC athlete medal “celebrations”, daily media briefings and interview opportunities.
COH is the primary site for COC hosting of special guests, both from the government, sport and corporate sectors.
Canada Olympic House Location
COH will be located in Central London. Details of exact location will be announced next month
Hours of Operation
11:00am – 11:00pm (with further flexibility as required by competition and medal reception schedules)
For all COH registered guests, the following services are available in both official languages:
- Live television coverage of the Olympic Games (provided by CTV)
- “Service Centres” for friends and family (tourist information desks, “self help” services)
- Opening and Closing Ceremony receptions
- Daily food service (snacks and light lunch/dinner service)
- Sponsor product “sampling” opportunities
- Athlete Medal Receptions/Celebrations
- Olympic Team merchandise purchase opportunity through the on-site Hudson’s Bay Company store
- Single sport “event” hosting (receptions, dinners, etc) – organised through the National Sport Federation
COH Access Policy
Access to Canada Olympic House requires pre-registration with the Canadian Olympic Committee; no public or non-registered individuals are allowed access. On-site, a strict personal screening process will be managed by security professionals.