What’s new with our Olympians? Delve into their fascinating everyday lives through social media. Here’s a recap of 10 favourite posts this week via our Canadian Olympic athletes on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Week of July 9-15, 2014
1. Lenny Valjas invented a new sport.
“Paragliding-inspired kite-aided board paddling”…we should really find a shorter name for this discipline.
2. For Kelsey Serwa, there is no shortage of entertainment when she’s golfing.
There were many ways to take her off her game at this Sarah Burke Foundation Benefit Golf Tournament.
3. Surfing has never seemed so easy.
Don’t be shocked if Maxence Parrot is caught eating sushi while riding the waves in his next pics.
4. Travis Gerrits will not need to go to the water slides.
This video shows that his summer training regimen is enough to keep him happy.
5. Summer snowboarding.
or reincarnated freedom through a GoPro according to Jenna Blasman.
6. Less than a year until the Pan American Games in Toronto…
Olympians like Rosie MacLennan are jumping for joy (including a few flips) on this giant trampoline.
7. The Canadian Diving Team is in Shanghai for the World Cup.
Looking at this pic taken by Meaghan Benfeito, it’s clear that they are in great shape and primed for action. What do you think?
8. Marielle Thompson doesn’t view the beach as a place to relax.
Rather, it’s the best spot to train at this time of year.
9. Is Kim Lamarre as good at golfing as she is at skiing?
We’ll let you be the judge once you view this video.
10. Take three Olympians: two fencers and one trampoliner…
And add 1 Molson bar to the mix to celebrate the 365 day countdown to the Pan American Games in Toronto!