Day 6: Top 7 Canadian Olympic Athlete Photos
Views are that of the author, may not reflect those of the Canadian Olympic Committee.
Each day of the Olympic Games, we will feature the Top 7 Canadian Olympic Athlete Photos drawn from the Bell Olympic Lens Fan-powered Photo Experience http://lens.olympic.ca.
No medals for Canada on Day 6, however the Men’s Hockey much-anticipated opening game versus Norway was not a disappointment. Canadians from coast to coast glued their eyes to televisions, and watched Team Canada play their first game together on the Russian ice surface. A slow start for Canada with a scoreless 1st period, but the team showed improvement throughout the game. Canada heated up in the 2nd period with goals from Shea Weber at 6:20 and Jamie Benn at 15:19. Norway answered back with a goal 22 seconds into the 3rd period, but Canada answered right back with a goal 85 seconds later by Drew Doughty. Canada defeated Norway 3-1; Carey Price with the win in net. Women’s Curling Team Jennifer Jones continues their winning ways with two wins today, defeating both Denmark and Switzerland with a score of 8-5. Team Jones leads the standings with a 5-0 record, trailed by Sweden with 4-1 record with their only loss is to Canada.
7. Men’s Slopestyle Skier: Philippe Marquis
6. Women’s Hockey: Meghan Agosta-Marciano scoring vs Team USA
5. Alpine Skier: Jan Hudec makes equipment adjustments ahead of Super-G
4. Speed Skating Brothers: François Hamelin and Charles Hamelin
3. Silver medalist Denny Morrison, teammate Gilmore Junio and former Olympian Gaétan Boucher at COH
2. Team Jennifer Jones being recognized at COH by Minister of State for Sport Bal Gosal