What’s new with our Olympians? Delve into their fascinating everyday lives and discover unexpected angles to them! Here’s a recap of 10 favourite posts this week via our Canadian Olympic athletes’ Instagram, Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Week of May 6-12
1. You don’t often see Olympic medallists eating a Big Mac:
2. This week, Kim Lamarre traded her skis for a surf board…
…and snow for a sandy California beach. It’s hard not to be envious!
3. While some people are on vacation…
Marie-Michèle Gagnon shows us what her typical work day involves. (video)
4. Others are reaching new heights in France
Rosanna Crawford obviously doesn’t shy away from challenges, even if it means changing sports… and during her off-season to boot.
5. For all those who believe that the number 13 is bad luck…
Caroline Ouellette and Anthony Cavillo, stars in their respective sports (ice hockey and Canadian football), are proof that this isn’t so.
6. No, it’s not glow-in-the-dark mini-golf.
It’s Olympic champion bobsledder Kaillie Humphries preparing seriously for the golf season.
7. Selfie of the week.
Matt Margetts managed to fit into his selfie two people, two bikes and, of course, his dog that he carries in his backpack. Impressive!
8. You can always tell competition season is on by the number of medals, hours of training…
…or simply by the number of boarding passes, as shown by Dave Duncan.
9. If you we’re Anastasia Bucsis, you’d be happy too!
10. Thanks Mom
Behind every athlete stands a great person without whom they wouldn’t be able to realize their Olympic dreams. Our Olympians have taken this opportunity to thank their mothers through social media with these eloquent photos: