What’s new with our Olympians? Delve into their fascinating everyday lives through social media. Here’s a recap of 10 favourite posts this week via our Canadian Olympic athletes on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Week of July 15-21, 2014
1. Olympic champion Brad Jacobs finds himself in the company of the Staal brothers, NHL hockey players.
A glorious opportunity to leave the brooms and sticks behind and swing the golf clubs, wouldn’t you say?
2. Spencer O’Brien really appreciates sunsets.
She also found her own way of viewing them and doesn’t miss out when the opportunity arises.
3. Paddleboarding was really worthy of a selfie.
And this pic of Larisa Yurkiw makes us really want to have a go at it.
4. Although this picture was taken recently,
it’s likely that Victoria Moors felt a sense of nostalgia upon her return to London, host city of her first Olympic Games in 2012.
5. This is what Olympians do when their skiing practice is cancelled.
They automatically revert back to childhood, as you can see from this video.
6. The Canadian Dive Team was all smiles as they cheered on Jennifer Abel and Pamela Ware.
This positive energy certainly did not do any harm, judging from the Canadians’ excellent showing at this World Cup.
7. Needless to say, these skiers love their sport.
Zina Kocher found the winning recipe: good company, beautiful scenery…and sunbathing as a reward!
8. Aleksandra Wozniak enjoys this peaceful moment at Uniprix Stadium.
She knows that it will not be as quiet in a few days at the Rogers Cup in Montreal.
9. You can also enjoy the moment with your head upside down.
Here, Brittany Phelan seems totally connected with the present moment.
10. When Brad Martin says that he is playing in the snow, he goes all out.
Vatch this video to get a better appreciation of this.
See you next week for a brand new top 10 of #OlympicBuzz !
SEE ALSO: #OlympicBuzz: 3, 2, 1, action!